Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Slow down you move too fast...









Realise it or not, the 2nd half of 2008 has snucked up on us.

Depending on which part of the planet you are from, life can be a flurry of activity or an unhurried one. If you are reading this blog, I suspect you, like me, belong to the former. Busy, stressed, hurried and overworked would be words used to describe our world. And it reminds me of cycling frantically in a gym, sweating furiously and getting nowhere (which is why I prefer bikes that move).

Perhaps there is some wisdom in the English idiom to "stop and smell the roses". The roses and other forms of nature remind us that there is a special beauty in being alive. I'm so glad that my friend RW took the effort to stop and "shoot" the roses during our recent Highlands trip. Thanks for sharing them RW :)

I hope you will enjoy and appreciate these natural works of art. They are given to us by our Creator to savor and to reflect upon what's really important in our garden of life. Maybe we should all slow down to see more, to smell more.
.
Wishing you a meaningful and unrushed second half , on and off the saddle.
.
.
Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last. Just kickin' down the cobble-stones, lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy...
.
Simon & Garfunkel - 59th Street Bridge Song, 1970s (OK so I'm old...)
.

No comments: