Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 already?

Upcoming Pacific Swivel-Head Bicycle
by Mark Sanders (Strida Designer)


Ready for another year of adventure!

.

I wrote my first cheque for the New Year today and nearly made the mistake of writing 2007. 2008 seems to have snuck up on me after an incredibly hectic Dec. Even at the very last hour of 2007, I was busy "working" - leading the traditional Watchnight Service in church. This is a time where we reflect on the year past, and welcome the New Year in the presence of our Creator, and in the warm company of good friends and family.

As we stand together facing a fresh block of time, I wonder what awaits us in 2008? I look forward once again to the romance of travelling with my "folding companions". Two flights have already been booked - Feb to Chiang Mai enroute to Mae Salong to research the forgotten KMT army, and in March to Cambodia. This time to Kratie to see the rare pink fresh water Irrawady Dolphins. I also hope to produce 10 travel/adventure articles so that should be fun.

Of course there is always the possibility of adding one or two more new folders to my already crowded stable. The upcoming Pacific Swivel Head is a fascinating possibility and perhaps the weird looking but high performance Dahon Smooth Hound.

Wishing you wisdom, blessings and joy for the New Year ahead and may you manage to carve out more time to be on the saddle. Have a great 2007, opps, I mean 2008!
.

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

No comments: